Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community.
Here is what you can expect at our office:
- Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, and utilizing single-use disposable materials.
- Our team, patients and visitors have their temperature taken daily, answer health screening questions, and are asked to use hand sanitizer when arriving at the office. Anyone with symptoms or close contact with COVID-19 will be rescheduled.
- Our entire dental team wears face coverings at all times to help keep you safe. We ask that you arrive for your appointments wearing your mask from home to help keep us safe too. If you are unable to wear a mask for health reasons, please contact us in advance so that we can make arrangements that are safe for all of us.
- All our common spaces allow for social distancing. To minimize the need to wait in our reception area, all our check-in and patient information is sent to you via text or email in advance. Completing that information and submitting it back to us prior to your appointment lets us get your right back to start your appointment.
- For our high-risk patients, we are happy to make special arrangements to schedule your appointment to minimize contact with others. Please alert us, so that we can accommodate you.
Recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak are ever-evolving. We continue to keep up-to-date with recommendations daily and will continue to communicate with you so that we can provide care to you as soon as we are able. As always, please call us with any questions.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.